Date posted: 02 August 2019
Closing date: 31 August 2019
Job post based at: Gleeds
Gleeds Infrastructure (Rail) has a number of new and exciting opportunities for experienced Senior Procurement Professionals who are looking to join us and to take on key roles in one of the UK`s most prestigious rail and infrastructure schemes.
As Construction/Systems Procurement Lead you will be responsible for managing a small team to deliver the procurement activities of a procurement category or `package`, with values of each category or package between £0.5bn and £1bn. Each Lead will work closely with colleagues across the business to prepare and deliver the procurement activities and will align potentially conflicting information requiring significant influencing skills.
The role holder will be responsible for producing appropriate procurement documentation and running an end-to-end procurement process, securing buy-in from all stakeholder parties to enable the client to deliver the best prospect of success for the project to achieve its strategic goals and objectives in all stages of the procurement (and delivery) cycle, and to ensure that approved strategies are implemented operationally.
- Accountable for developing, achieving governance approval and assurance of all procurement deliverables.
- Developing the necessary Prequalification and ITT documentation.
- Leading and managing the procurement evaluation processes for the relevant package(s) and ensuring that these achieve relevant approvals and assurance to allow appropriate short-listing and contract award.
- Ensure all procurement activities are undertaken in compliance with EU and UK legislation whilst driving a process that will become a benchmark for future projects around the world.
- Reporting accurate management information on a timely basis.
- Managing complex, strategically important stakeholder relationships across and beyond organisational boundaries
- Representing the client - presenting and interfacing with stakeholders, sponsors, suppliers, boards and committees, internally and externally up to the board of directors.
You will be leading and managing a team of between 3 and 10 procurement professionals, ensuring their output is quality-assured at its source.
Applicants should have a proven track record of procuring large value complex heavy civils/construction/systems in compliance with the Utilities Contracts Regulations with a thorough knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and contracts using the NEC suite of contracts.
You will have track record of developing innovative commercial and procurement strategies, and implementing collaborative, incentivised contracts with different pricing and risk options in conjunction and alignment with approved strategies and plans.
With proven analytical, commercial and negotiating skills, combined with strong knowledge of different NEC forms of contract and risk allocation including Early Contractor Involvement (ECI), Design & Build (D&B) components and Target Cost (Option C) NEC Contracts.
You will have the ability to develop robust tender and commercial documents, and proven commercial expertise / acumen to ensure that value for money is secured and demonstrated.
Working within a matrix environment, the role requires high influencing and communication skills, with Sponsor / Stakeholder relationship and management expertise.
We are looking for individuals who have an innovative approach with the ability to make decisions in a strategic context where there are many unknowns, always mindful of existing and emerging organisation priorities.
You should be a leader and a manager, who can mentor, inspire and motivate others.
Candidates will have a background of all areas of strategic and operational procurement in large public projects, procuring Civil Construction packages such as tunnels, major earthworks, railway construction, station upgrades , demolition and or road and highway construction.
MCIPS or MRICS / FRICS (or equivalent)Apply online