AFI Palace Cotroceni
Helping to create Romania’s largest modern retail space.
Gleeds was appointed by HVB/Pfansbriefbank during construction of Bucharest’s AFI Palace Cotroceni.
This mega retail mall is Romania’s largest at 214,000m2, and it is accessible to over 3m residents in Bucharest and nearby towns.
More than a mall
Our team acted as lender’s representative to help create a shopping and entertainment centre that includes:
- Over 300 stores and 30 restaurants
- Romania’s first IMAX
- A 20-screen cinema complex
- The largest ice rink and go-karting track in a shopping mall
- A boating lake, playgrounds and a climbing wall
- 2,500 underground and deck parking spaces
And the winner is…
The development’s design, amenities and popularity has seen it receive a variety of awards, including:
- Best Shopping Centre Development at the 2009 CEE CIJ Awards
- Best Overall Development at the 2009 CEE CIJ Awards
- Best Shopping Mall at the 2010 SEE Real Estate Awards
- Best Real Estate Project at the 2010 SEE Real Estate Awards