A custom makeover for Sephora.
Gleeds was appointed to provide project & cost management services for Sephora’s largest retail store in Asia, as well as the new Sephora University and head office located above. Sephora is a French cosmetic brand founded in 1970, with 1,900 stores in 29 countries across the world.
Our work included the refurbishment of the existing space, comprising 5,000m2 of retail store (floors 1 and 2), training centre (3rd floor) and offices (floors 4 and 5).
One of the biggest challenges facing our team was realising the corner-plot flagship store’s iconic and complex façade. Other challenges included:
- Working next to live power lines
- Extensive modifications to the existing building with an occupied residential tower above
- Located next to an historical area
- A tight budget and demanding schedule
The right foundation
To achieve the required approvals without delaying the project we held continuous discussions with the local authorities. To meet a tight opening deadline, we also:
- Placed a significantly large team working on site, 24 hours a day
- Carefully managed relationships with the building’s neighbours